Saturday, July 27, 2013

Lakeshore Supplies Haul!

Welcome fellow teacher nerds!

When I named my blog Teaching Nerds, I wasn't referring to our students being nerds. No! We are the nerds... or at least I am. We nerd out over school supplies. We nerd out over teacher supplies. We nerd out over the latest update from our favorite shop on Teachers Pay Teachers. We fill our Pinterest boards with ideas for school. Is this being a nerd you ask? Yes. That is the definition of a nerd. Now I know what being a nerd looks like. I am a real nerd in my down time. A nerd is someone who is absolutely in love to the point of obsession with something. Now isn't that how most teachers feel about their chosen profession? Hmm? I know I do. But, then again I'm a nerd.

Nerds also buy lots of lots of things for the their nerdy obsessions. So I went to Lakeshore! Yeah! Teacher supplies! Now I've been in the processes of changing out my theme. I decided that a change in grade level meant that I had to change themes. Going from 5th to 2nd, big change though a welcome one. So, I've been slowly purchasing new things in my new theme since my move was first confirmed. They've built up. As you can see in my closet.
It looks like a big mess and jumble of supplies. But, in that big jumble are lots of good deals from Target, Dollar Tree, and lots of Lakeshore and Education Outfitters purchases. It makes me happy.
Here is the latest bundle of joy for my jumble. And yes, you see right I'm changing to Dr. Seuss! I choose Dr. Seuss because I can add whatever colors I like, with lots of different stripes and polka dots and it will still match. Does that appeal to me? Yes, yes it does. It is also still very cute but not so cutesy that it doesn't fit with my personality. I enjoy cutesy things... to a point. Then its annoying. So Dr. Seuss fit the bill for me. Also, I am a nerd about books. So why wouldn't I make books a central theme?

Nerd one fellow teachers! Nerd on.

No comments:

Post a Comment