Sunday, July 28, 2013

No Name Paper Board

Hello fellow nerdy teachers!

Earlier, I posted about a beautiful hall-pass system that my roommate was foolish kind enough to make. Well, because the board came in a package of three she and I kept staring at the extra boards. We knew we were destined to make something else. Something that would rid the world (my classroom) of no name papers!

Sorry, got a little melodramatic. Was anyone else reading that in the movie trailer guy's voice? No, just me? *sigh

So she was kind enough to create this!

Yep, that's TARDIS blue! Got to have some Doctor Who in my classroom. Whenever I receive papers sans a name. All I need to do is place it inside the clips on this board. Too cool! 

The wonderful thing is this didn't cost me anything extra. I already had all the supplies I needed. Just cost my roommate some dignity and me hot chocolate. Yes, I made nutella hot chocolate for her as a thank you.

Now, I have worked with teachers who tear up their student's papers if they don't put their name on it. I personally don't because I think it devalues the work that they did. I work at a low income school where we are lucky if the students have enough clean clothes. I don't think me tearing up their work sends the right message. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't have serious conversations with repeat offenders. However, their work doesn't suffer the consequences of them forgetting to put their name on it.

*Stepping down from the soapbox

In honor of the color inspiration of this board, here is some Doctor Who humor.

Got to love a show where an episode is titled "Dinosaurs in Space."

Nerd on fellow teachers! Nerd on!

No comments:

Post a Comment